As flood cleanup professionals, here at Disaster Kleenup Specialists, we want you to know what to do after a flooding emergency. Whether you are dealing with busted pipes or storm water damage after heavy rains, a house flood can be devastating. We want you to be prepared for what’s next.
Steps To Take After A House Flood
It can be tempting to just charge back into your property with the goal of erasing the damage. After all, you want to get your life back on track as soon as possible. Keeping the following steps to take after a house flood in mind, will save you time and money in the long run:
- Make sure it’s safe to return home.
- Check for any structural damage before entering the property.
- Turn off the gas and electricity inside.
- Notify utility companies of any gas, electrical, or sewer damages.
- Check for animals that may have entered during the flood.
- Document damage to your property and belongings with pictures.
- Contact your insurance company before making repairs.
- Secure your property from theft or further damage.
- Throw out any food or medications that have become wet.
- Keep children and pets out of the water.
- Boil tap water before drinking until you know it’s safe.
- Clean and disinfect everything.
Safely Assessing The Damage
Priority number one is staying safe after a flood. Assessing flood damaged property is more than just taking a look around and then getting to work. Flood water can easily become contaminated with household chemicals, sewage, and other dangerous sources of waterborne illnesses. Acting too hastily can create an unsafe environment for yourself or your family. When it is safe to finally take a look around, be sure to take pictures of all the damage to both your house and personal property.
Our Flood Recovery Services
Figuring out how to remove the water, how to dry everything, and then how to repair home flood damage can take a lot of time. Waiting too long to make repairs after a flood can increase structural damage and encourage mold growth. At Disaster Kleenup Specialists in California, we provide the following professional flood recovery services to protect your property and make this difficult process a lot easier:
- Flooded Home Security
- Emergency Board Up Services
- Flood Damage Cleanup
- Pack Out, Inventory, And Storage
- Water Removal & Extraction
- Flood Drying Services
- Home Flood Repairs
- Water Damaged Property Restoration
- Home Reconstruction
Flood Damages In California? We’re Here To Help.
We hope that these tips have given you a place to start with what to do after a flood. At Disaster Kleenup Specialists in California, our priority is helping you recover your property after disasters like floods, wind storms, and fires. If you are experiencing the overwhelming task of having to deal with damages, contact us today. We look forward to making the restoration process as easy as possible for you and your loved ones.
24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE | CALL (800) 427-1769
CITIES WE SERVE
Aromas, Big Sur, Bradley, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Castroville, Chualar, Gonzales, Greenfield, Jolon, King City, Lockwood, Marina, Monterey, Moss Landing, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, Salinas, San Ardo, Sand City, San Lucas, Seaside, Soledad, & Spreckels, CA.
Santa Cruz County
Aptos, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale, Capitola, Davenport, Felton, Freedom, Los Gatos, Mount Hermon, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Soquel, & Watsonville, CA.
San Benito County
Hollister, Paicines, San Juan Bautista, & Tres Pinos, CA.
Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, and Union City, CA.