Education and Certification:
Minimum Educational Requirements: High School Graduate
Preferred Educational Requirements: Community College – Mold Remediation Technician (6168)
Preferred Industry Certification: IICRC Water Restoration Technician, IICRC Structural Drying Technician, IICRC Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
– Or –
Graduate of equivalent training courses provided by a recognized certifying body or association specializing in the Restoration Arts.
– Or –
Verifiable equivalent industry training and experience through career longevity.
Mold Remediation Technician – Key Responsibilities:
- The MT provides safety for workers and occupants during the mold remediation process.
- The MT, in tandem with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent, develops a mold remediation plan and time line to completion.
- The MT installs contamination barriers using plastic and solid materials, and ensures that all decontamination equipment has been installed prior to commencing work.
- The MT controls the contaminant at its source.
- The MT physically removes the contamination.
- The MT takes effort to correct any and all moisture problems to prevent recontamination.
- The MT maintains and provides all required documentation.
- The MT works with the Certified Industrial Hygienist to develop and execute a remediation plan and ensure
that all environmental reports are forwarded to the Project Manager and the Project Supervisor.
- The MT provides the PM with pre- remediation spore counts (provided by the Certified Industrial Hygienist)
and post remediation spore counts and remediation clearance (provided by the Certified IndustrialHygienist).
- The MT posts company warning signs to identify potential hazards that may exist on the job site.
- The MT ensures that all labor associated with the project complies with the company safety plan, and correctly uses their Personal Protection Equipment.
- The MT ensures that all labor personnel use Personal Protection Equipment the whole time they are working
in the hazardous area.
- The MT follows all industry-approved guidelines in the remediation process for mold contamination.
To apply for this position, go to: http://disaster-kleenup-specialists-inc.careerplug.com/j/03bw2l
24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE | CALL (831) 899-3938
CITIES WE SERVE
Aromas, Big Sur, Bradley, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Castroville, Chualar, Gonzales, Greenfield, Jolon, King City, Lockwood, Marina, Monterey, Moss Landing, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, Salinas, San Ardo, Sand City, San Lucas, Seaside, Soledad, & Spreckels, CA.
Santa Cruz County
Aptos, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale, Capitola, Davenport, Felton, Freedom, Los Gatos, Mount Hermon, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Soquel, & Watsonville, CA.
San Benito County
Hollister, Paicines, San Juan Bautista, & Tres Pinos, CA.