Education and Certification:
Minimum Educational Requirements: High School Graduate
Preferred Educational Requirements: Community College – Mold Remediation Technician (6168)
Preferred Industry Certification: IICRC Water Restoration Technician, IICRC Structural Drying Technician, IICRC Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
– Or –
Graduate of equivalent training courses provided by a recognized certifying body or association specializing in the Restoration Arts.
– Or –
Verifiable equivalent industry training and experience through career longevity.
Mold Remediation Technician – Key Responsibilities:
- The MT provides safety for workers and occupants during the mold remediation process.
- The MT, in tandem with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent, develops a mold remediation plan and time line to completion.
- The MT installs contamination barriers using plastic and solid materials, and ensures that all decontamination equipment has been installed prior to commencing work.
- The MT controls the contaminant at its source.
- The MT physically removes the contamination.
- The MT takes effort to correct any and all moisture problems to prevent recontamination.
- The MT maintains and provides all required documentation.
- The MT works with the Certified Industrial Hygienist to develop and execute a remediation plan and ensure
that all environmental reports are forwarded to the Project Manager and the Project Supervisor.
- The MT provides the PM with pre- remediation spore counts (provided by the Certified Industrial Hygienist)
and post remediation spore counts and remediation clearance (provided by the Certified IndustrialHygienist).
- The MT posts company warning signs to identify potential hazards that may exist on the job site.
- The MT ensures that all labor associated with the project complies with the company safety plan, and correctly uses their Personal Protection Equipment.
- The MT ensures that all labor personnel use Personal Protection Equipment the whole time they are working
in the hazardous area.
- The MT follows all industry-approved guidelines in the remediation process for mold contamination.
To apply for this position, go to: http://disaster-kleenup-specialists-inc.careerplug.com/j/03bw2l