Americans spend roughly 90% of their time indoors. Since indoor air can carry up to five times more pollution than fresh air from outside, it underscores the importance of ensuring your HVAC system is properly cleaned and maintained regularly.
If you reside near Monterey or Santa Cruz, California, Disaster Kleenup Specialists is here to help you make sure your HVAC system keeps both you and your home healthy. We’ll discuss why system cleaning is important and signs you need to schedule service.
Why HVAC Cleaning Is Important
Regular HVAC cleaning is crucial for several reasons:
- It improves indoor air quality.
- It can save money on energy bills and improve overall comfort.
- It can extend the life of your HVAC system.
With these things in mind, you need to know the signs for when it’s time to have your system cleaned.
10 Signs You Need to Clean Your HVAC System
- Your home is accumulating more dust: Dirt and debris build up in the duct system over time, and when the HVAC unit is running, it can disperse this dust throughout your home.
- You notice foul smells coming from your ducts: Whether it’s a rodent infestation or there’s mold or bacteria in your vents, any foul smell is a reason to schedule cleaning.
- There’s poor airflow coming out of your vents: This could be evidence of blockages in the ductwork or a clogged air filter.
- Your energy bills have increased significantly: Poor efficiency can stem from a variety of issues with the HVAC system. A thorough cleaning can help.
- You just experienced water damage, smoke damage, or had mold mediation work done: The byproducts of these issues can find their way into the ductwork and can cause issues with the HVAC system.
- Property residents/occupants are experiencing an increase in allergies: If mold or bacteria is present in your ductwork, it’s going to lead to an increase in allergic symptoms for many people.
- You’ve just renovated or remodeled areas of your home: Dust and construction debris can make their way into your ductwork during any remodel or renovation.
- You notice strange sounds coming from the vents or your furnace/air conditioner: Any odd sounds are worth investigating.
- You have no record of prior duct cleanings or HVAC maintenance work: The National Air Duct Cleaners Association suggests duct cleaning be performed at least once every three to five years.
- It seems like your furnace or air conditioning unit is always running: This is another sign of an inefficient system. A thorough cleaning can often help improve efficiency and reduce your energy bills.
Schedule Your HVAC Cleaning Today
If you live in California and need a professional, high-quality HVAC cleaning service, contact Disaster Kleenup Specialists today. Our team can help you breathe easier.