Wouldn’t it be nice to have a business fire checklist to reference in case of an emergency? At Disaster Kleenup Specialists, we’re here to help Monterey area business owners with a few tips on what to do in case of a catastrophe. We want you to know that we’re here to help you during chaotic times after a disaster with restoration and repair services.
Who Experiences Business Fires In California?
Commercial fires are a common risk for restaurants, metalworking shops, and other industries that handle large amounts of chemicals or electricity. California fires are notorious for igniting without warning and spreading quickly, putting any company potentially at risk for a business fire. Remember, with our commercial fire damage specialists on your side, your business will be ready whenever fire strikes.
The Business Fire Checklist
Recovering from business fire damage takes time, so be patient with the process. Don’t be quick to write off everything the fire touched as lost. Our business fire repair professionals may be able to salvage more than you think, and your insurance reimbursement can often help to replace the rest.
- Call your insurance company right away. Be ready to give as much information as possible about the extent of the damage.
- Disconnect all utilities. If you aren’t sure how to do this safely, contact city services as soon as possible.
- Hire a certified fire damage professional to assess your building’s structural safety inside and out.
- Secure your property. Even a small store fire can leave your property vulnerable to intruders, leading to more financial loss and liability.
- Bring in a professional fire clean up crew to begin the restoration work.
- Once you have the okay from the restoration crew, conduct a room-by-room assessment, taking note of all fire-damaged inventory, equipment, and furniture.
- Leave everything in place so your insurance adjuster can see the full extent of the damage.
- Accompany the adjuster when they perform their post-fire inspection to make sure they don’t overlook any damages.
- Ask the restoration company about their salvage services. Restoration experts are familiar with an array of specialized techniques that can salvage electronics, paper records, and much more.
- Record the entire recovery process, including a final damage inventory, contractor estimates and work schedules, and all communication with your insurance company. These records will be a great help in filling out the complicated paperwork about your fire damage claim.
- Keep in touch with everyone involved in your business — customers, employees, vendors, etc. — telling them what to expect and assuring them that you’re doing everything you can to get back to business as usual. Clear and confident communication is vital for maintaining the goodwill your company has built up over its lifespan. That is something you’ll rely on once your doors open again.
Our Fire Repair Services
For almost 40 years, Monterey area businesses and homeowners have trusted us to restore their property after fires, floods, and storms. We offer a range of fire damage repair services from professional clean up and repairs to emergency board up.
- Ceiling & Wall Repair
- Commercial Fire Restoration
- Emergency Board Up
- Fire Damage Assessment
- Pack Out, Inventory & Storage
- Smoke Removal
- Soot Removal
- Temporary Security Services
- Upholstery Cleaning
Leave It To Fire Damage Restoration Experts
The danger doesn’t disappear once the fire is put out. Fire-fighting efforts thoroughly soak ceilings, floors, and walls. The intense heat, fire, and smoke can damage your building’s roof, foundation, and exterior walls as well.
A commercial fire repair crew’s first job is to address the hazards left behind by the fire and firefighters: damaged wiring, drenched drywall, water-logged subflooring, unstable ceilings, and warped door and window frames. We take on this dangerous work to make sure your structure is safe for you, your team, and people from your insurance company to continue the recovery effort.
Leaving the initial clean up to us may save your property from further damage, keep you and your employees from potential harm, and save your business money in the long-run.
California Business Fire? Get Your Quote Today.
Do you need a fire damage repair company to help your business reopen its doors? Contact us at Disaster Kleenup Specialists today to get your quote. Our team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whenever a fire strikes, don’t hesitate to call us.