As your Monterey area wind damage restoration experts, at Disaster Kleenup Specialists we want to help you with a few tips about wind damage and what to look for in order to protect your property. While we are happy to serve you, we understand how important it is to protect your home before the damage is done. Identifying potential hazards early and following a few wind damage prevention tips can save you a lot of stress and money.
When Wind Becomes Dangerous
High winds can form on their own, but they usually accompany severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, and hurricanes. During the storm, the energy of the wind collides with and pushes against the outside of your house. Windproofing is all about redirecting the wind’s energy into the ground instead of having your walls bear the full force. When those winds are racing at 50 mph or faster, the walls can’t take it.
What To Do Before The Storm Hits
There are several things you can do within a few hours to reduce the damage a windstorm can cause. Here are some ways to secure your property before it arrives.
- Bring outdoor furniture, grills, trash cans, and other outside items inside
- Bolt large outdoor furniture, grills, garden sheds and other outbuildings to a permanent foundation (like a cement patio) or strap it down with straps/chains and ground anchors
- Clean up and dispose of yard debris (especially rocks and tree branches) before the storm hits. If there’s no time, move it into a secure location.
- Reinforce your garage door by adding braces across the back and strengthening the tracks
- Use sheets of plywood to board up your windows and glass doors
- If you live in a mobile home, make sure it is properly anchored. Heed any official evacuation orders.
How We Can Help
At Disaster Kleenup Specialists, we have proudly served our California community for over 35 years. Our team is available 24/7 to make wind damage repairs and restorations. We also offer weatherproofing and emergency board-up services to help prepare your house for the coming storm. With over 90 full-time employees — from friendly office staff to our construction crews and environmental specialists — we can handle any job, no matter the size.
Get Your Quote Today
As the old saying goes, a pound of prevention is worth an ounce of repairs. We hope that this information on wind damage and what to look for has helped you get ready. If wind finds its way past your defenses, at Disaster Kleenup Specialists, we’re here to help you in and around Monterey. Contact us for your quote today. If winds have damaged your property and you need our services right away, call us directly.
24 HOUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE | CALL (831) 899-3938
CITIES WE SERVE
Aromas, Big Sur, Bradley, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Castroville, Chualar, Gonzales, Greenfield, Jolon, King City, Lockwood, Marina, Monterey, Moss Landing, Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, Salinas, San Ardo, Sand City, San Lucas, Seaside, Soledad, & Spreckels, CA.
Santa Cruz County
Aptos, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Brookdale, Capitola, Davenport, Felton, Freedom, Los Gatos, Mount Hermon, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Soquel, & Watsonville, CA.
San Benito County
Hollister, Paicines, San Juan Bautista, & Tres Pinos, CA.