It’s spring cleaning season. While you’re sprucing and fixing things up, don’t forget about mold. We’ve put together some spring cleaning tips to help you keep your favorite spaces as spore-free as possible.
- Eliminate Causes Of Standing Water & Moisture
- Check Landscaping For Areas Where Water Gets In
- Seal Cracks Around Doorways & Window Sills
- Use Disinfectant To Clean & Dry Areas Prone To Moisture
- Make Sure All Areas Are Properly Ventilated
- Repair Any Leaks In Plumbing & Replace Old Pipes
- Clean Behind Appliances Like Dishwashers, Refrigerators & Washing Machines
Where Fungus Might Be Hiding
Even if you live in a dry climate, there are always places where moisture can build up in your home. Some of these areas are hidden culprits for mold growth and may not be where you’d expect.
- Bathrooms & Kitchens
- Vents Or Exhaust Fans
- Areas Around Planters
- Attic Insulation
- Areas With Poor Ventilation
- Behind Furniture & Appliances
- Around Window AC Units
Why Worry About Mold?
Toxic molds produce mycotoxins, which are dangerous for people and pets. If you are allergic, breathing in spores can also cause or aggravate respiratory problems, allergies, and immune deficiency issues.
What If You Find Mold In Your House?
Toxic mold can be dangerous to try to take on yourself. Our professionals can check your home for infestations and clean them up safely. We can also offer drying and repair services to keep mold from coming back or taking root in the first place.
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Mold Removal
- Home Repairs For Sealing Leaks & Cracks
- Moisture Drying
Mold Removal In Monterey
Make sure your spring cleaning efforts include getting rid of mold this year. Call us today at Disaster Kleenup Specialists, serving you in the Monterey, CA area. Schedule a consultation for mold removal or prevention to protect your property and breath a little easier.