Leave home for your next vacation with a little more peace of mind. The last thing you want to return to is damage from water, fire, or severe storms. At Disaster Kleenup Specialists, we’ve seen the aftermath of many a hazard. You can rely on California’s central coast area cleanup experts to help you prevent problems while you’re away.
- Severe Windstorm Damage
- Flooding & Water Damage
- Appliance & Electrical Fires
- Sewer System Backups
- Wildfire Home Damages
- Crime, Break-Ins & Vandalism
Start Preparation Early!
The source of some of the best pre-vacation home-prep might just be the people next door. Notify your neighbors to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity or to notify you about exterior damages after a storm.
Think about leaving a key with someone you trust in case disaster strikes, and they need to let in a service technician. In addition to recruiting your friends and family, there are additional steps you can take to keep things safe.
- Install an alarm system, carbon monoxide detectors, and smoke detectors.
- Place lamps near the front windows with automatic timers.
- Shut off the main water supply to prevent water frozen pipe problems. Open all faucets to drain the water lines.
- Adjust the thermostat. In winter, keep things above 55 degrees F to prevent pipes from freezing. In the summer, keep the AC to help prevent mold growth.
- Lock all windows and doors to prevent theft.
- Unplug electronics and appliances. House fires generally start from overheated appliances.
- Change your water heater to vacation setting if it has one. If it is electric, then you can unplug it.
- Empty your trash to prevent mold and insect issues.
- Lock the oven control panel if pets are home that may turn on the stove.
Preventative Services For Extra Protection
Our highly trained specialists can perform inspections, do weatherproofing, and fix any needed repairs before you go. There is no way to make your house 100% disaster-proof, but you can be proactive and take steps to protect your home.
Keep Our Number On Hand, Just In Case
Head to your vacation destination knowing you did all you could to protect your Monterey area property. Keep our contact information on hand for anyone watching your home. If you return home to a flooded basement, fire damaged kitchen, or storm damaged roof, don’t hesitate to call Disaster Kleenup Specialists.