You don’t have to panic over a flooded basement, let Disaster Kleenup Specialists come to your rescue. We have licensed basement flood cleanup and repair technicians available 24/7. We will help minimize damage and maximize your recovery because bad weather or broken pipes can happen at any time of the day or night. But, what should you do when your basement floods?
Do’s & Don’ts
Here are some of the most important steps to take in the immediate aftermath of a basement flood. Protect yourself and your family and remember: if in doubt, stay out.
- DO block off the entrance from pets and small children.
- DO NOT enter the basement area until you have shut off both electric and gas to the area.
- DO NOT touch any electronic or electrical equipment even after the power has been shut off.
- DO NOT enter the basement if an on-going rainstorm is responsible for the flood.
- DO wear gloves, boots, and protective clothing before you enter any standing water.
- DO be careful of hidden underwater hazards.
- DO shut off water to the basement if a burst pipe is causing the flood.
- DO remove any boxes containing papers, valuables, and other items you want to try and save.
- DO call your flood insurance or homeowner’s insurance policy to check your coverage.
- DO protect your family and your home investment by calling a professional disaster recovery specialist, like Disaster Kleenup Specialists.
Leave Basement Flood Repair To The Experts
Using a sump pump and setting a few household fans out is not going to prevent widespread water damage and mold buildup following a major basement flood. Wet drywall will likely need to be replaced, and you will need to have all your electrical wiring inspected and possibly redone.
Disaster Kleenup Specialists offers a wide array of services to help.
- Water Removal & Extraction
- Water Damage Repair
- Structural Drying
- Flood Restoration
- Broken Pipe Cleanup
- Ceiling & Wall Repair
- Document Drying
- Pack Out, Inventory, & Storage
The Hidden Cost Of DIY Flood Mitigation
If you are worried about the cost of professional flood recovery services, have you considered the cost of not getting the job done well? Floodwaters can damage your foundation. Hidden mold can grow in damp walls and under your flooring, causing health problems down the line. Electric and water don’t mix — electrocution can be fatal, as can a fire caused by damaged wiring that was not inspected and replaced.
We Are Here For You
Now that you know what to do after discovering a flooded basement pick up the phone and call in some help. At Disaster Kleenup Specialists, we have over 30 years of experience helping Monterey and Santa Cruz area homeowners recover their property after a natural flood or broken pipe disaster.
Call us today and let us work with your insurance company to help get your basement back as good as new.